Drawing Conclusions 4th Grade Unit
- Have students read Explicit Information and Drawing Conclusions Reading Passages (provided on the website), answer the questions, and label them as Explicit Information or Drawing Conclusion questions.
- Have students read passages available on the website and write their own Explicit Information and Drawing Conclusions questions. Have students trade their questions with a partner and label them as either EI or DC before answering them.
- As students read stories independently or in Literature Groups, have them record connections and label them as text–to–self, text–to–text, or text–to–world in their journals.
- Have students read book, movie, theater, or sports reviews and draw conclusions about what and how the author felt.
- Provide poems for students to read. Then have students draw conclusions about the images and ideas in the poems using clues the poet provides and their own prior knowledge.
- Have students read newspaper articles or Concepts of Comprehension© Reading Passages and then draw conclusions about current events based on historical knowledge.